“Inspiring A Generation of Creative Problem Solvers”
To achieve our mission, Moving Windmills works with local leaders to determine, organize, and implement appropriate solutions that build community and solve pressing problems.
- Human-centered design: People know their own problems best. Solutions must involve those who face the challenge.
- Appropriate Technology: Designs that use local, repurposed materials and are easily replicable and locally made.
- Local Knowledge: We believe in adaptive and observant ways of knowing and doing that are unique to Malawi.
- Ever Learning: We believe wisdom comes in being constantly open to growth and from seeking mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Talent is universal, opportunity is rare: Good ideas can come from anyone. We all have a role to play and a story to share.
Emeka Okafor, Board Member
Edith Sikelo, Board Member